Vidrio for Mac v1.13: three more translations!
04 Apr 2020
Wonderful people have contributed more translations!:
- HIBIKI-CUBE contributed a Japanese translation! Arigatō! 🤩
- Anya Zenkina contributed a Russian translation! Спасибо! 😻
- Clemens Lange contributed a German translation! Danke! 😊
Tiny change: I distinguished the word “update” from “upgrade”. You update from v1.3 to v1.4, but you upgrade from Free to Pro. English is a beautiful language.
Apple didn’t much like me using other companies’ logos in the Vidrio onboarding image. So I’ve replaced this with a textual description of how to use Vidrio.
Some internal changes for nerds:
- I changed the implementation of the watermark.
Previously, I used
NSImage.cgImageto get a
CGImage, then set this as the contents of a
CALayer, then set this as the layer of the
NSView. But it turns out there’s just an
NSImageViewwhich makes this much simpler!
- I switched to sequential “build” identifiers.
Previously, I was setting the build identifier to the same as the version, like
v1.12. This caused problems for app store re-submissions, which don’t allow uploading a second version for the same build identifier. So I’ve switched to sequential identifiers like